Adobe's professional PDF authoring and management tool
- Edit, manage and publish PDF documents
- Lots of powerful PDF editing features
- OCR scanning of documents
- Can be slow to start
- Lengthy installation process
There are several options for reading and editing PDF documents nowadays but Adobe Acrobat X was the first and this Professional version gives you the power to create, read and modify PDF documents.
Adobe Acrobat X gives you several different views to read PDF documents including different degrees of zoom. Most importantly, it allows you to edit documents, comment on them, add stamps, watermarks and signatures as well as export them to a variety of formats including HTML and Postscript.
You can create PDFs from a variety of sources, including files, scanned documents and web pages. You can also combine and merge documents, create a PDF portfolio and use a variety of tools to add multimedia, create PDF forms, add digital signatures and much more.
A big plus of Adobe Acrobat X is that it also supports OCR scanning of documents. This means you can scan a document into your Mac and Adobe Acrobat X will turn it into text you can edit. The accuracy and speed of this feature is impressive and eliminates the need for a third party OCR software.
The big downside remains that Adobe Acrobat X can be painfully slow at starting and the installation process is a bit lengthy.
Adobe Acrobat X Professional offers all the tools you'll ever need to manage and edit PDF documents.
- Stop retyping information in PDF filesTurn a PDF into a native Microsoft Office file, saving fonts, formatting, and tons of time.? Edit text and images right in your PDF file - Make minor changes to text and images on PDF pages; no need to track down the original document.? Build forms and gather data faster - Drag and drop to create PDF or web forms in minutes. Then move them online for easy distribution, collection, and analysis. Share documents that look right every time - It's never been easier to save your work as PDF files that anyone can open and view